QUIET, RELIABLE PORTABLE POWER
The Honda Marine BF6 outboard is a perfect example of Honda's world-renowned engineering combining proven reliability with superior fuel efficiency.
Packed with the very latest in Honda’s Technologies the BF6 is incredibly portable, easy to start, more comfortable to operate and will now go for longer!
There's no two-stroke oil mixing, resulting in a healthier experience for you and the environment.
Compare that with the smoky discharge of two-stroke competitors, and you'll also save money in the long run with a Honda!
SEVEN YEAR WARRANTY
As a testament to their quality and reliability, all Honda engines come with a SEVEN year, non-declining, non-commercial warranty or a THREE year commercial warranty. Shop around, you won't find a better warranty set up than Honda Marine.
LIGHTWEIGHT, COMPACT AND COMFORTABLE
The Honda Marine BF6 portable outboard engine model provides a complete performance package for the most comfortable journeys in small boats and dinghies. Equipped with the largest internal fuel tank in its class for extended running time, offers a simple start-stop sequence, low vibration and noise, portability and easy storage. The engine also can be mounted with different propeller options, for greater flexibility depending on torque, speed and power requirements.
Compact and lightweight, the BF6 is equipped with a powerful 127cc engine that provides efficient acceleration and high levels of torque. To help protect the engine, the Honda BF6 outboard features an Oil Alert System that indicates low oil pressure. When low oil is detected, the system will automatically limit the engine speed to 2,300 rpm. In addition, this Honda models is easy to start, courtesy of a decompression system that serves to bleed off cylinder pressure to reduce the pulling force to start the engine.
|Engine Type||4-stroke, single-cylinder|
|Displacement (cc / cubic inches)||127 / 7.75|
|Bore x Stroke (mm / inches)||60 x 45 / 2.36 x 1.77|
|Wide Open Throttle||4500-5500|
|Rated Power [kW(HP) / rpm]||2.9(4)/5000|
|Driven Valve System||OHV|
|Lubrication System||Wet Sump|
|Gear Ratio||(13.27) 2.08:1|
|Trim Adjustment Range||4° (5HOLE)|
|Steering Angle||45° (one side)|
|Transom Type (inches)||S(15) / L(20)|
|Overall Length (mm / inches)||524 / 20.6|
|Overall Width (mm / inches)||347 / 13.66|
|Overall Height (mm / inches)||S: 1020 / 40.16 · L: 1147 / 45.16|
|Transom Height (mm / inches)||S: 434 / 17.09 · L: 561 / 22.09|
|Dry Mass (kg / lb.)||S: 27.0 / 59.52 · L: 27.5 / 60.63|
|Starting System||Recoil starter|
|Alternator (charging)||Optional 6A / 12V|
|Ignition System||Digital CDI|
|Built-in Tank Capacity (L / gal.)||1.5 / .4|
A combination of light weight (27kg) and new carrying handle design make the Honda BF6 marine engine easy to transport and store. The tiller handle fully folds out of the way, making storage options even more convenient.
The engines integrate a 1.5-litre, large capacity internal fuel tank which delivers the longest continuous running time in their class — more than 40 minutes at wide open throttle. In addition, the Honda BF6 4-stroke engine can be connected to an external fuel tank for longer journeys. Consumers have the choice of an additional three different propeller options for the style that best fits their boating needs.
Honda Marine's BF6 model shares the same, proven one-cylinder, 127 cubic centimetre engine block and benefits from Honda's 4-stroke engine technology expertise. In case of an oil pressure drop, a low oil alert system will automatically limit the engine speed to 2,300 rpm, helping to protect the engine and providing boaters peace of mind.
The new Honda BF6 portable engine features a host of new technologies and features that consumers will appreciate.
- A new decompression mechanism helps make the BF6 Honda Marine engine easy to pull start, regardless of the engine temperature. The decompression mechanism opens the exhaust valve during the starting process, which makes the engines easy to start
- One-push stop switch is a segment-first, and serves to shut down the engine with no chance of the engine re-starting; (no need to hold a button or switch until the engine stops completely)
- The Honda Marine BF6 portable engine features redesigned rubber motor mounts that reduce vibration in all rpm ranges and reduce engine noise, offering comfortable cruising
- The BF6 is available with an optional charging system with a capacity of 6 Amps at 12 Volts to power consumer demands for electronic devices on board
- World-renowned Honda four-stroke quality combines proven reliability and superior fuel efficiency, with no oil mixing.
- Lightweight/compact design. Easy to transport and perfect for small tenders.
- Twist Grip Throttle ensures precise throttle control, while the throttle tensioner minimises driver fatigue.
- Incorporates a safety lock-out system that permits the engines to be started only in neutral gear.
- Features a 3amp battery charging outlet as standard equipment.
- 4-Front Corrosion Protection. A patented, ‘double-sealed’ multi-layered paint process. Sacrificial anodes and stainless steel technology, along with waterproof connectors, all enhance corrosion protection.
The new Honda Marine BF6 4-stroke outboard delivers customers portability, performance, reliability, comfort and value.
ALL SERVICES CARRIED OUT USING GENUINE HONDA PARTS AND OILS
** Service times are based on the Maintenance Schedule in your Owner's Manual. No allowances are made for work that is to be carried out in excess of this schedule or at owner's request. Pricing does not include Parts and Consumables.**
Your Service agent can be identified via the display of this signage on their building and in addition to this they should also be displaying the Honda Genuine Parts and Accessories signage.
|20 Hour Service|
|Hours to complete||1.25|
|100 Hour Service|
|Hours to complete||1.5|
|200 Hour Service|
|Hours to complete||1.75