BIG ON POWER, AND SMOOTH WITH LOW FUEL CONSUMPTION.
Updated with a brand new look and whole new engine block - now larger and with even better performance.
Powered by Formula 1 technology the Honda 225hp outboard features VTEC™ for quiet powerful and fuel efficient operation. VTEC™ offers smooth and quiet idling, so quiet that the cooling water tell tale stream hitting the water is louder than the engine!
It also features BLAST™ (Boosted low speed torque) for rapid acceleration, ECOmo Lean Burn Control® for exceptional fuel economy at cruise and NMEA which enables all engine and fuel data to be viewed on a GPS screen.
Honda Large Horsepower engines use up to half the fuel of comparable two strokes and they make only half the noise.
No one ever regretted buying a Honda!
- Increased size and more powerful 3.6 litre V6
- Improved Torque performance from large displacement engine.
- ECOmo Lean Burn Control®
- NMEA 2000®
- Massive 90 amp alternator - 50% more than the previous model
- Lightest in class
- Quietest in class
- Most fuel efficient in class
- CARB 2006 and EPA 2008 ultra low emissions compliant
- OEDA 3 star ultra low emission rating
- Can be rigged with up to four engines
- 3.6 litre V6 4-stroke 24 valves
- Bore & Stroke
- 89mm x 96mm
- Full Throttle RPM Range
- 5000 - 6300
- HP Rating @ Propshaft
- 225HP @ 5500 RPM
- Valves per Cylinder
- Fuel Delivery
- Multipoint programmed fuel injection.
- Ignition System
- Microcomputer programmed
- Starting System
- Cooling System
- Water Cooled
- 90 amp - 50% larger than previous model.
- Recommended Transom Height
- 25" & 30”
- Dry Weight
- L Type - 281Kg, XL Type - 286kg, UL Type - 291kg
- Gear Ratio
- Gear Shift
- Stainless Steel
New Enlarged V6 ENGINE
60° V6 3.6L. A powerful, compact, 24-valve SOHC design. Lacking the bulk and weight of long intake runners and multi-camshafts, the narrow V6 design ensures superior performance and durability based on Honda’s automotive engineering excellence.
- ‘On Demand’ 90amp, belt-driven alternator reduces heat build-up and provides superior battery charging capability – 48amp at trolling speed!
- 4-Front Corrosion Protection. A patented, ‘double-sealed’ multi-layered paint process. The new model has more sacrificial anodes and stainless steel technology, along with waterproof connectors, all to further enhance corrosion protection and make your new Honda 'bulletproof'.
These engines are twice as quiet as conventional two-stroke outboards. Honda’s Variable Air Intake system controls the volume and velocity of air in the combustion chamber, making cruising as smooth as it is enjoyable.
The use of linear rubber mounts, combined with innovative design features that see the flywheel positioned below the powerhead, ensures vibration levels are extremely low.
BOOSTED LOW SPEED TORQUE (BLAST™)
Hole shot and acceleration is significantly improved by MBT trace control (ignition timing). MBT – Minimum advance for Best Torque.
Advanced ignition timing develops more horsepower at low revs to get the hull up on the plane quicker. Super-strong acceleration with rapid advancement of the throttle.
This patented technology pioneers a new age in four-stroke outboard engines and will be the benchmark for future Honda engine designs.
ALL SERVICES CARRIED OUT USING GENUINE HONDA PARTS AND OILS
** Service times are based on the Maintenance Schedule in your Owner's Manual. No allowances are made for work that is to be carried out in excess of this schedule or at owner's request. Pricing does not include Parts and Consumables.**
Your Service agent can be identified via the display of this signage on their building and in addition to this they should also be displaying the Honda Genuine Parts and Accessories signage.
20 Hour Service
- Hours to complete
100 Hour Service
- Hours to complete
200 Hour Service
- Hours to complete
Please fill in your details below and a select a Dealer near you to enquire about this product.